Power Planter 528H
5inch (12.5cm) wide by 28inch (70cm) long allows you to be standing whilst drilling the holes in soil.
Being a larger auger it is recommend you use a High Powered variable speed 240v or petrol powered Drill (13mm chuck) with side handle and clutch to protect you against kickback.
It has a common 13mm (1/2inch) hex head.
NOTE: We don't generally recommend this size Power Planter for home garden use. This is a professional grade auger used by Landscapers and does require a higher spec Drill and previous knowledge with power tools.
For DIY home garden Power Planters, please see the Home Gardener Range at this link.
Popular uses are:
- Rapidly planting 5inch potsize plant stock inground. (Also suitable for planting smaller tubestock where you want to improve the soil by adding compost to the hole)
- Drilling multiple holes and moving sideways between them to cultivate the soil deeply
- Drilling a 125mm diameter tunnel under a path
- Tree Planting and applying fertiliser tablets deep into soil.
- Post Hole digging to exactly 5inches wide with minimal external soil disturbance.
- Mixing barrow loads of Concrete/mortar
- Mixing fertiliser into soil mix
- Mixing paint
- Digging a trench for plumbing and irrigation - by drilling holes to required depth consecutively along the line and then remove any remaining soft soil with a trenching shovel or by hand.
Price does not include the Dewalt Drill. You can attach the Power Planter to your own drill with a 13mm chuck size. Since this is a bigger auger, it will need a more powerful drill with variable speed so you can run it on slow. Side handle is a must. Only suitable for users with good arm strength. This is a professional grade unit suitable for trade use.